R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR goes to 4cell... What will tracks do?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:45 AM
Exterminator
Regional Moderator

In my opinion 4 cells would be a good thing for the novice/beginner classes. Due to less cost for start up. And slightly slower speed for learning to drive and set up.

One way to do some testing is allow 19t to run 6 cells and allow those running 4 cells to run modified motors and see if they can equal the lap times. or make the car perform better on the track. I believe it will be close in lap times and should make for a fun race with more people in it.

Personally I don't care one way or the other. Set up the rules. I'll meet them and we can sort it out on the track.

One idea is open up the rules for Modified class. Throw out the motor rules, let the Manufactures create some motors and electronics that can handle the voltages of current and future energy sources. Only rule is the car has to meet weight/size. Let them develop traction control,rare magnets, Explore armature size. Develop windings/arms with other materials. All these will trickle down and make racing at the top level something that is helping push the limits of technology. And the biggest goal is to put some cash on the potium develop a professional league of R/C racing. Or stay the course let the hobby of R/C racing die a slow death.
OOPS got off on the wrong rant.

4 cells who knows. Try it, don't try it. who cares as long as the cars on the grid meet the same rules. And the race is deciede by the clock.