R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Intellect Battery 4200 (IB4200) World Champion VR-1
Old 11-26-2006, 07:15 AM
akuhon
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
Yes you can discharge you the Spintec discharger it works fine.
Hai Danny,

Here, I have some (probably silly) questions :

With such technology that we have right now (for charger and discharger) and also new cells capabilities (high capacity / high voltage), do you think matched cell still worth. Tell me some reasons ?

I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude to you but have you ever thought that someday you should stop matching 'cause the manufacturer will (I hope not) do the matching process on their own before they release those cells to the market ?.... Your work will be useless 'cause racer only got small benefits (small voltage increase or any) .....

Remember those Chinese are really fast action creatures...
Just need a small fire (resource such as : technology and ideal order quantity), they will start to burn everything...
Remember the case of SANYO -> GP -> IB -> (now probably) East Power ...

If point no. 2 happened, have you ever thought of making your own battery manufacturing facility or making charger / discharger system for the racer ?
Based on your experience as a matcher, I'm pretty sure you know almost everything about battery technology .....

Please share your thought with us....

Thanks Danny for your great cells and comments / tips ..