R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR goes to 4cell... What will tracks do?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Skruger
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Lightbulb WoW

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I have the Integy and it gets the packs WAY too hot because it's 30amp linear. When I was using that on the 4200WC packs they were coming off like 180+ F which is not ideal for the cells.

I never understood people's logic like this. You will buy several $70 packs to get the best runtime and voltage then you go discharge it on the cheapest thing you can find. Makes no sense, it's like buying a Rolls and then parking it on the street curb every night.
Yea my Turbo 35 GFX is the cheapest thing on the market

I discharge most of my packs at just 5 to 10 amps on the Turbo35 and then use the Indy to ballance discharge only.
You are right about INDY 0-30 getting the 4200's HOT because it is designed to be used as a ballance discharger NOT a pack dump discharger like the Reactor.
and yep the Reactor Sucks Big time (I would never buy one)because I dont like to ruin my $70.00 packs either.
I like to slow discharge my packs untill 5.4volts and then apply the 30 amp Ballance discharge for only 1 to 3 min. that sould have all the lights out unless there is a bad cell. then I make a 4 cell pack out of that (BUT that is another story)

the Indy 0-35 is by far not the cheapest (I have some 2 bulb dischargers)

I am still using OLD 1400mah NiCad's and gp3300's from way back .In my TOY speed boat's. I quit using them because of the 4200's Voltage advantage