R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Atlas YM34 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 06:56 AM
synapse79
Tech Adept

i also run on ozite, in stock.
Im running the stock blue springs with 60wt oil. We run rubber though. I generally run sorx 24s at all 4. I run the front slightly lower than the back. This deffinitely yields oversteer, and can make it want to loop, but i generally like a setup like this. When you dont want the back to slide, you just have to very smooth on the wheel, and straighten the fronts out and finish the corner as fast as possible to get back to full throttle. This also forces you to make the corner as smooth as possible. Even on 180degree turns i dont think I go much below half throttle, maybe quarter throttle. What i like most about this, is I can slide the back to square off a corner in a tight situation. Or come into a corner way to fast to duck under somebody...

Ive been wanting to try a slightly stiffer spring, but ive had pretty good luck with the stock. Ive never heard of the trinity springs. How does their length compare to atlas springs?

My next parts order will be directly to atlas. Integy PISSED ME OFF. I was ordering springs, alum dogbones and some spares. It should not be as hard as it is to by parts from them, or anybody. The first order went pretty good, but it took over a week to get it. After waiting 2weeks for the 2nd order i decided to email them to make sure they got the fax, I fax orders to them. Well, they havent answered my email and its been about 4 days. I have been ordering motors, batterys and other parts from them for years, off and on... Ive had it now though...