R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GTB or LRP?
Thread: GTB or LRP?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:47 PM
MadMikeB
Tech Adept

Howdy,

I'm running GTB with the 5.5 in my race truck. I guess gearing is the variable, but I have not thermalled once this year, including racing on some very hot tracks. I ran without the fan on the GTB for a month or two (admittedly winter) because all the blades fell off, no thermalling troubles at all.

I now run the smaller novak fan (much better) mounted to the chassis next to the GTB, and no thermalling.

At our recent state offroad titles the 4wd guys were thermalling from time to time, but in the 2wd truck you simply can't be on the throttle enough for thermalling I believe. Ummmm .... touch wood :-)

MIKE

Originally Posted by streetracer745
ok so im going to be running a novak 6.5 in my race truck. but i want to know which speed control to use with it. ive heard good things about both the GTB and the LRP Sphere. i run a spere comp in my street car and absolutely love it, but im not sure about the regular sphere. ive also heard that the GTB has a better chance of thrmaling on hot tracks. is this true? should i go on and get the GTB? or is the Sphere better?