R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 08:09 AM
Drifter
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AdrianM
This is not about going slower. This is about fear of change.
Noone fears the change to Brushless, IB4200 or even LiPo, so that is just not true! Why do all guys working in this industry think that they know better what we want as we do for ourselfs?
Pro10 died because you had to use magic tire treatment to have any chance off using the power that was avialable (at least it was here).

We got a new track a few hundred km away from my home, where a friend of mine lives. I fitted him out with a TC4 FT, Nosram 3* brushless, GP3300 cells, good charger and cheap radio, all in all he spent about 700€ (i know its a lot, but money well spent). After 5 days of practising he is one of the fastest electric guys (never touched a transmitter before) and cant wait to buy a faster Motor/Speedo combination (so much about beginners not able to handle the power).
Most guys who where fitted out from the local hobby shop who bought entry level equipment spent around 300-400€ but are frustrated now, as they see how much easier everything is when you start with good stuff right from the beginning. Even now they have to throw away everything they just bought, if they want to have something proper!
Beginners are atracted from fast cars, and cant be more distracted as beeing told to not be able to buy stuff good enough for top results. At the tracks I know (quite big outdoortracks) the development of the cars got to a level where lots of beginners could have been atracted, the new rules will atract noone.
BTW: above mentioned TC4 is faster than the most IC guys there (mostly Kyosho), THAT is what atracts spectators and beginners to electric cars, if they are faster than IC!