R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Bob, he said flat out the car was slower...your right. but on the clock he ended up faster. If you have been around long enough...which we know you have....sometimes slower is faster. I am not a proponent of either case....I just wanted to kind of slap you all in the face with what this looks like.

I mean just strip it all down and you have people complaining about something they have never tried VS the "decomocratic" racing govt not using it's head to consult its members.
the bottom line is in order to go 3 seconds faster in 5 minutes, the car would need to be turning faster lap times. You said this guy was very good, so let's assume that he was indeed very good. In this particular unique situation you've described, he put the car down on the track geared for 6 cells to top it all off.

So you're saying a guy geared for 6 cell, running 4 cell, turned faster laps than he had been turning... It's mathematically not possible. Not for even the average club race driver. Let's say the car was going 30mph, now it's going 20mph and to get it back to 30, assuming it would pull it on 4 cells requires a pinion increase of say 8-10 teeth in 48 pitch.

He may have had a battery problem, but you did not see a 4 cell stock touring car running on the track.

Take the guys in the stock main where you are. Ask them all to drop 8-10 teeth before the main, and tell them their lap times will reflect an increase. Let us know how that works out.