R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 PM
asw7576
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Racing is ALWAYS about speed, fastest from point A to point B, first guy to cross the line. The HOBBY on the other hand is not always about speed. I think people tend to confuse those.

The reason that some people go faster with 19t is NOW, finally, anybody has the batterys, tires, chassis, to simply go as fast as they are capable. You no longer need the fastest motor to turn the fastest laps. How great is it that people finally have more power than they can use and have to make motor decisions to turn quicker lap times. THAT'S AWESOME!!!

And when I say "anybody", maybe I should correct that to exclude the top 100 US drivers and national and world champions, and change "anybody" to "EVERYBODY" has more battery than they need. It's a great time to be the average club racer right now. You can go as fast as you can keep it between the boards. And come back with battery to spare.

The gas tank on your car (battery) is finally full and useable. Now you have to make decisions on your motor and the track. COURSE MANAGEMENT! Let the smart drivers win, not the ones with the biggest wallets.

Make no mistake, the slowest classes will pay the biggest price. You thought stock was a battery problem when the cars were reasonably fast? See what happens when you pull a few cells out of the equation.
I really agree with this guy.

Why we have to follow Japanese standard ? ( going 4 cell ? )

Racing in nature is all about speed and money.

Winning a race is all about smart strategy, team works, driving skills, and luck.

Once we shift to 4 cells rules, people with deepest pockets will buy the super voltage matched battery, while regular drivers and newbies could only wish to run at his speed.

Current battery technology permit everyone with unmatched cells to run very close to matched cells. The battery price is going down recently, and they ( battery sellers & matchers ) want to jack up the price back to 1990 : Overprice battery

Last edited by asw7576; 11-23-2006 at 10:22 PM.