R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 09:08 PM
BadBoyRC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

4 cells or not. I still don't get why they want to reduce the cell count.

Sure 4 cells are lighter and the cars can be too.. If what I read is that "its not much slower" then the excuse of slowing the cars down doesn't hold water.

The racing is going to be just as fast?.. hey we ran 1200's back in the day and its always been 6 cells.
I'de like to here a valid reason why we should change.. not because europe or japan wants to..

If its because of money? then thats a load. It will turn into a battery war. to get max fresh cells to be fast. Right now the avg packs are great it will force us to go to more expensive hyper matched and zapped 2 run cells to be fast. so it isnt going to make it cheaper to race. It will cost more and less poeple will be racing and it will kill the sport.

Is it because poeple will buy more motors? Thats a load too. everyone will just go to a lower wind.. stocker will go to 19t 19t will go to mod and so forth..you will sell more motors initally so everyone is force to switch.. but after the rush it will be back where we are today.

Can someone tell us the real reason why it needs to change? I suggest you follow the money.. who is going to profit from this new adoption?

I have personally tried 4 cell tc.. its even harder on the cells since you have top push them pretty hard to get performance that we are used to.

I can tell you one thing though.. going to 4 cells will ultimately wipe out the TC class and well all go back to pan cars. hence the 190mm 4 cell pandura cars.

Why doesn't ROAR focus on getting more poeple into RC racing instead of trying to regulate it backwards.

Me, I probably would go back to nitro racing. I bet so piss ant ROAR excomm person would decide that nitro was too fast and make the motors smaller or require more weight or some other dumbass idea..just because.

Who cares what the international eureopean or japanese want to do. 99% of us never race in an international event and if one wants to then they can fit the spec if thats what the race spec calls for.

Many tracks have now adopted BL and lipo.. why, because thats the newest technology and we as consumers want to have it.and we want to haul ass why because its fun!

ROAR get that through your freeking head we do this hobby because were here to play have fun and use the latest stuff. .. you don't see the excomm pussywhips using a rotary phone or typewriter do you..or sending snail mail..
thats old skool technology.

What gives you the right to regulate backwards!?