R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR to 4 cell....
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Advil
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
Advil, let me point out that I'm not PRO 4cell touring nor am I con, I'm just looking at the big picture.

Are you saying that you will never ever replace the motor on your BL setup? Even if a better newer more efficient one is made?

Let's say the lighter 4 cell car is just as fast, breaks less parts, decreases tire and wear by 50%, and costs you less EVERY TIME you go to race. Are you saying you will quit anyway?

Honestly, I'm not trying to tap dance on your nads bro, I'm just saying if it really is better for the sport and we can all benefit from it, why be so strongly against it? Why not be the guy that tests it out not to prove it's better, but to prove it's NOT better? Don't be so adamant to resist change without having hard evidence to agrue the change.

Bob- are you saying that newbs can't move their speedos over to the other side and buy a 4 or 5cell stick pack? It wouldn't be too terribly expensive to take their 6cell stick packs to a local racer or Batteries Plus and have one or two cells removed. Especially for a change to 4cell. Cut the two end cells off, weld a new strap across, stick the end cap back on and reshrink. ten minutes TOPS. Afraid you're gonna get stuck with a bunch of 6cell stick packs? Heck send them all to me. I work at Batteries Plus in Memphis part time- I'll hack the cells and make it a 4 cell packs for free (as long as I get to keep the cell(s) I remove).

Bottom line- whether it's a good move or not, lets get behind ROAR, help with the testing, and try NOT TO TURN THIS INTO YET ANOTHER MFing BITCH FEST.

I look at the names on this thread and I think "geez, haven't these guys been in r/c racing long enough to know that we are our own worst enemies????" I know I have, and I get sick of the constant complaining. If you don't like it, get off your damn a$$, prove to me that (fill in the blank) won't save me money or grow the sport or make the racing more fun or all of the above, and then show me. Advil this isn't aimed at you- it's for all the complainers and poop stirring haters out there.

You can be a problem, or you can be a problem solver. I choose the latter.

*BigDog quietly steps off his soap box....
No worries BigDog. My nads are just fine...LOL

Of couse I will replace my equipment..when I deem it is necessary or I just want something new. I don't see it as necessary RIGHT NOW but if ROAR goes to 4 cell mod I will HAVE TO buy a 3.5. I know it, experience tells me this is so.

4 cell cars will be designed lighter and with more breakable components. The durability we have right now will not be needed and in an effort to go faster the manufacturers will lighten the cars. They will break easier....Tires will be made softer to gain speed and will then wear out just as quick as they do now. Electronics that don't have to be made to handle 6 cell packs will be built to only handle 4 cell at max and we will once again be blowing these up too. I just don't see how this is "better" for the hobby. I really don't...

I really don't need hard evidence as the manufactures will do what they know best as in watch the bottom line....follow the money as they say. The above changes will be profitable to them....no rocket science required. LOL