R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Precision Racing Systems Pinion Gears 64 pitch aluminum
Old 11-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing
You said there was some side play? Does this mean the spur was loose? You should only have side play in a ball diff. On a touring car the spur gear should be locked down tight and you should not have any side play.

Can you go into more detail on the "chewed" spurs? Are the teeth stripping out? Were they PRS spurs or another manufacturer?

If there is an issue with our products we will fix it ASAP but we just need a bit more info?
Car: X-ray T2, monster stock, Spur:116 kimbrough 26 pinion black Alumin.
The play in the spur was a little side to side, not as much as a 12 scale but a little.
First time: brand new pinion and maybe 2 months ( 7 club races ).
The spur was rounded off in one part of it and chewed on another. I thought I had not set the mesh correct or something was loose.....
Second time: Brand new spur and different pinion ( 28 ) I had 2 experience people ( both have raced in the nationals and birds/Cleveland/Vegas ) check the mesh ans they said it was good. Went 10 feet and that sound you hate to hear... Mowed/rounded the teeth more on one part of the spur that the other...

THe third time a fellow racer with the same car and spur used a 24 tooth and after 1 minute... the same sound..... He was not a happy racer.....

I am going to try one of them on my as scale this weekend and see how it works.... maybe there is something in the x-ray but when I used a steel pinion 26 tooth it was just fine..... I ahve re-checked the car twice and have not seen any wrong but who knows....

I'm hoping its something either I am doing or something bent cause I like the pinions and I have 10 different sizes .