R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Anders Myrberg
Tech Master

Perhaps we should see how 5-cell works before discuss 4-cell?

John have some interesting thoughts here:

Originally Posted by HappyHippo
You can't just have one class i touring, not everyone like modified and wants to race somthing less serious
True. Serious is not important. Fun is!
But sometimes, often quite quick, 19t also gets serious. Andreas and Joel told me 19t was as, or even more serious than Mod at Snowbirds, when it comes to "motortuners" and how good the batteries have to be in order to be competitive. I belew "limited classes" are very important, but not for the "best boys" as they can use there knowledge and contacts to get superior equippment, and destroy the "equal & fun" part.

I think we will se a boost in 1:10 offroad racing and 1:12 and a major loss in touring cars, just look at the entrylist for DHI-cup not even 70 drivers in mod and over 120 in 19T
Maybe because there are to many classes in Touring? It might be so. I donīt know, but it just might.

And since 19T is the biggest class in some countrys we should elieinate that class and just race mod?
I realy donīt know. The first thing we need to sort out is why they drive 19t.
Is it to be able to win races, where competition is weaker? Or is it that Mod is to fast? Only 19t drivers can give a good answer.

just an example from Norway here are the sponsred drivers from "the dark side" they want race mod since there is more fun to race 19T with 6 celles and foamtires, and they say that if we go with 5 cells I'll only race 19T, and then how long will that class live as a normal class for average joe?
From "the dark side"? WoW
Who are they?