R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - passing etiquette
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 08:50 PM
trilerian
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Alright, some good responses. But this is the reason I ask: Friday night racing at the club I qualified 3rd in the a-main. The first corner the 4th qualifier hit me so hard I went over a barrier, I landed on my wheels and waited for 1 and 2 to go before I took off, the 4th guy got by as well. So for the next 2 minutes or so I was on his rear, getting beside him then back behind him etcetera. I see the leader closing in un us and start trying a little more to get by. No avail, I couldn't get by him cleanly. A couple of laps later the leader is on my rear, I went wide in a turn so he could go by, I figure I will catch the 3 guy again anyways. Then 2 corners later the leader and the 3 guy got into it and I got by without any problems. So now I am good, speed up to catch number 2. Well here comes the leader again, so I let him by. Letting him by cost me enough time for the 4 guy who was the 3 to catch up to me. Next corner wham, he puts me into the wall hard. He over drove and t-boned me. He even laped me cause the turn marshalls took forever to get to my car, I ended up 5th. The point is; I followed him for 2 minutes without touching him, get around him and he puts me into the wall.

So why should I race clean?