R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
4200 on the label that is....
Inside, they are closer to 4900 already....
Thatīs, our problem.
That's not a problem, that's awesome. Motor and esc technology need to catch up, that's the problem.

For 99% of the RC enthusiasts that race, you can no longer gripe about not making time, OR, "...if only I had THAT guys batterys..."

If you see somebody dump now, you don't hear his buddies saying, "Dude, you need to get some new packs..." what you hear is, "..Dude, what did you do wrong?"

I think it's fair to say that batterys are finally not the problem AT ALL! AND, because batterys are not manufactured specifically for us, that great technology will continue to march forward and get better and better. MORE POWER, LONGER RUN TIMES!!! The batterys are finally not the problem. When was the last time you watched a 1/12 scale race and saw somebody slightly faster than everybody else, and at the 6 minute mark of an 8 minute race commented, "...there's no way he's making time...". OR, when was the lat time you watched the last minute of an 8 minute 1/12 scale race where every car on the track was dumping and 4-6 seconds slower per lap than what they started out running (and 6 of the 10 don't even make the line to finish the race). OR watched a race where more than one car, LONG BEFORE TIME RAN OUT, simply ran out of battery and dumped so bad, that it just quit moving on the track?

I don't miss any of that, not one little bit.