R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray Edition..
Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since no one has replied to the thread I started on this....

Has anyone else have problems with these pinions?
I've chewed up 2 116 spurs using 2 different one and a friend of mind chewed up another one this last Saturday. Both cars are X-ray T2, ( 16, 24 and 28 was being used on 116 robinson spur gears ). I went back to the Steel pinion and did not have any peoblems. I also had 2 experience racers take a look at the gear mesh and made sure the motor was tight before I ran it. The last one was a new spur and it ran 8 feet before it chewed it up. There is a little side play with the spur but everyone else has the same play as mine....

I got these from Stormer Hobbies ( I don't believe this is a stormer hobby issue ) and the production information provided:

Part Number: PRS6428
Pinion Gear-28 tooth, 64 pitch aluminum

These ultra-precise pinion gears are machined perfectly round from light 6061 aluminum, then hard teflon coated black. Eight additional lightening holes have been added to reduce the rotating mass. These pinion gears also take the large .062" tip wrench that are used on your 4 x 40mm button head screws.