R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:48 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
YYhayyim Good. Give us a report. Another note. The set screw on the left side rear hub should have a flat filed onto the axle. Use blue locktite on this screw as well or it will get loose. Some time in the future get a double clamp on style hub from IRS.
John
Thanks for the report and tips guys. I will add my own. When I started running this pan car my traction wore off early. Here is what I think happens. The car is very powerful with a 4.5. It's a kick in the pants to spin the rear tires once in a while. You can do this just about anywhere on the track. If you do this by choice or by accident you wear off a significant amount of your treated layer of tire. When you learn to roll on the throttle at exactly the right rate, you get super acceleration and lower tire wear and longer runs on the treatment.

Front Shock Report, Track High Bite
I am running two front shocks now. I was able to lower the spring tension in front to the next lower spring (purple progressive MurdockRc). I could not get the car to blow over anywhere on the straight. A couple of times the car hit bumps early in the straight and left the ground level. This is new and desired behaviour. Later in the straight I could get the nose to lift on some bumps still (with heavy throttle), but the chassis was not bottoming with the 40 weight oil and purple springs. No new scratches underneath. I can probably drop to 35 or 37.5 weight and be better still. Sweeper is better than before. The rest of the track is unnaffected. The car feels great.

Here is a pic of the Associated MiniT shock which when compressed is the same length as my shortened VCS micro shock. The difference would be in how you mount the body of the shock to the bumper. This would be prefered for maximum steering throw. I have plenty of throw with my current setup.
John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Shock Mini T Resized.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	183175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Shocks Cap Removed Resized.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	183177