R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
i'd like to point out the biggest problems with having several scale bodies to choose from, especially in a "spec" class.. ONE will always be better then the others, and that will be what everyone runs anyhow... as the fella pointed out about dale at protoform being competitive, if one body shows a competitive advantage, people will likely gravitate towards it anyhow... all of my bodies look as if they werre inspired by the wet bar of soad in my shower, but i like to go fast, and if a body offers that speed to me OR the other guy on the track, i know what i will have to run...
Have you been to the TCS races lately? With the new rules for this season in GT2 especially, there were all kinds of shells being used. At Nats I saw: Skylines, Porsches, Lexus SCs, Corvettes, and Nissan Zs. Clearly most people know the Skyline is the most neutral, but people like trying other things. Even in GT1 it was a good mix of NSXs, F430s, 360s, and some Skylines.

Its more exciting to have a bunch of nice scale bodies to choose from than having a whole field of Mazda 6s running around (unless you are Dale that is..)