R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Carpet Knife 3.2R--BRAND new and fully loaded!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michal101
Let me fist say that I am NOT bashing here...just would like confirmation on your post.

Are you saying that to duplicate your car it would cost $377 plus our own time and you are selling your car for $27 less than new price?
Yes Mike, it is pretty much exactly $27 less. That is close to a 10% discount on already discounted prices on the parts alone. And at that I eat the postage charge from each of those sources listed which you can bet ran $7 to $10 each.

Then yes, I'm donating my time--and there was a LOT of it spent building this car. I don't know what YOU work for per hour, but I value my free time pretty highly. More than I work for, that's for sure. If you're looking for a car that was slapped together like most of 'em are this maybe isn't the car for you (unless you like 10% off already discounted prices...I should trademark that ). Most people also haven't invested in the taps, pivot ball insertion presses, etc that I have to assemble these. There are, I believe, 8 different taps used to build this car, right and left-hand threaded. They aren't on your local Walmart shelf either and when you DO find them they aren't given away. But I'm, essentially, letting you borrow them for free by building "your" car with them.

If you value a properly put together car that had nothing but attention lavished upon it AND you want...that's right...10% (plus post) off of already discounted prices on the parts alone then this car is a bargain.

I'm betting someone will be willing to pay for quality...pay for something that every time they have to put a wrench to it they say "ahhhhh...this fits SO nicely", etc. Plus I'm not exagerating in any way--every single bit of this car is BRAND brand new, purchased to build what I thought would be my ultimate 1/12 weapon, and had never seen use of any sort other than to be lovingly massaged and assembled into the car you see here.

Thanks,

Scottrik

Last edited by Scottrik; 11-15-2006 at 09:49 PM.