R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where are the ROAR New Approvals?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM
PitCrew
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Continue to live the good life, because you are in an area that this is not the normal but the expection. It is nice to hear some areas in the US, do not have their head in the sand. It is nice to hear that hope is still alive.

Limited voltage is not about "leveling the playing field, it is about make the power source not a issue any longer... So the racer can make a choice not leave it to hands of people that have another agenda.

Sorry but you are just are not getting it.... Come to Jackson, MS and run for a season, you it will be very clear for you then... Both are at fault, racer and LHS owner, but the sad part is neither one wants to fix it, they just perfer to bitch about it.

This around of posting started out about NiMh vs LiPo and ROARs reason for "banning" LiPos, they tried to use the word "safety" and that is just plain BS. A lot of other things are great "safety" issues that have not been addressed before this.
The power source is ALWAYS going to be an issue. There is NO way around it. Even in gas powered cars. The MOTOR and the FUEL both dictate performance.

I guess maybe they could do something like electric powered bumper cars that all get their power from a grid.... That way everyone would be getting the same ammount of power. Oh, but then the speedo's and motors are going to be different. Man I think we should all quit racing, cause that sounds like what people want to do is NOT race, but all drive around the track at the same speed.

Screw all the electronic stuff. Make cheaper tires. I know rubber tires only last a good weekend or two for $35-50 a shot. At least a $65 battery will last like 4-6 months depending on how you use them.