R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Where are the ROAR New Approvals?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 09:45 AM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bvoltz

Personally - Stock has no place at a national event, 19T and Mod do have a place. Personally ROAR should focus on developing the classes and rules for the club level, not at the national level. You simply have items that are not allow at a national race, less classes, less options, after all, it is a national, not a club race. If you do not get people into the hobby at the club level you will have less racers at the nationals. So again, I say start solving the problem.

In closing, if the current way is not working well, then what is the harm in trying some new things? Continuing to do the same thing over and over is .... well that is the defination of "stupid".

I agree and have stated this before. Nationals should be invite-only and only after qualifying regionally. This would put the prestige back into the regionals, and make the Nats more prestigious and shorter. Nothing drives me more insane than watching people who can barely get around the track at a Nationals.

And I think I stated this earlier, and we're in 100% agreement, we need to stop making rules for the A-Main of the Nationals and look at where the problem lies in racing...club racing.