R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - xxx4 to x5 conversion?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Dougg
Tech Regular

Thanks guys, I didn't know that the xxx4 was lower than the xx4. I was going to ask if I could put the xx4 suspention on my car. I see now that would not help with the ground clearance. The track I run at is a ROAR track. Very Very tight, fast, blue grouve. I like to keep the car low to the ground, so it will turn better. But, we also have BIG jumps. Top of the take off ramps are around 3 feet at the top, same with landing also. Buy you know, in the heat of battle you can over shoot the landing ramps. The pan slaps the ground too easy. This upsets the chassies and I spin out. My xxx cr gives me alittle room for error. But the xxx4, I have to land in the first foot of the landing ramp or I will spin out. The xx4 seems to give you more room for error like my cr. I went to the xfactory web site and found in the teck forum a list of parts to convert my xxx4 into an x5, but it seems to still use the xxx4 frame. I think!!! I'm probibly wrong, or is it possable to bolt the xx4 suspention on my xxx4? I can't get my wheels to go lower without pulling the dog bones out. Is it possable to get longer dog bones?
Thanks guys