R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Change the Hobby for the Better - TODAY -
Old 11-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Ray Murray
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FreqETag
A note from the thread starter...

I think we have already gone way off course here with discussion of classes.

I really didn't want this thread to be a debate of class structure or "what" has killed the hobby (two subjects that will NEVER be resolved)
Huh??? I have yet to see any "debate" about class structure, or what killed the hobby....Only suggestions and ideas to make this hobby better, Isn't that purpose of this thread?

Originally Posted by FreqETag
My original intent was, and still, is to try to create a group of individuals willing to lend their time, effort, and financial support to a targeted marketing campaign to bring this hobby of ours out of the shadows of the track and into the spotlight.

This group, as stated elsewhere in the thread would lead campaigns in various areas of the country to attract new racers, bring back old ones, and develop new ideas to boost sales and turnout at the local level.
Sounds like you already have an objective and a plan already. I will assume that you would be the one overseeing this project. Before people will donate their "time, effort, and financial support" we need to know more about you and your experience in R/C and your promotional/marketing skills.

Right now, all we have is a screen name from the Show Me State. How about starting this campaign from the top, with a bio????