R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Eddie, Carl, and Mike....finally a polarizing issue
Old 11-09-2006, 01:06 PM
MrBlack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
We have ZERO parking lot racing going on here....

I'm refering to the people buying a car and meeting up with their buddies on an unprepared surface....

TC was started by the bashers because Pan Cars suck on an unprepared surface. But the direction TC has gone has totally forgot where it came from...
I think this is a very important point that get's forgotten TC started many say when 1:10 and 1:12 scale got "too fast and too expensive" some say going to four cells years ago was going to bring back 1:10 and 12th well I have always wanted to run pan cars for years but I am still waiting for this comeback. 1:12 though cheaper then TC is still pricey to run for what you get because materials in the chassis and tires not batteries makes it so.

Also I remember it was not the cars themselves that did not work on parking lot's it was the foam tires and the lack of ground clearance and suspension. Well there are a couple of manufactures who make pan style cars that use traditional sedan tires and wheels (Tamiya, CRC, MLP) on here with threads dedicated to their cars and they keep coming to the top as much as some of the top TC's maybe this is a sign?