R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Article in XTREME RC XCars - Series of the Nation
Old 11-09-2006, 12:15 PM
DerekB
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Derek,

Thanks for putting infomation in your mag ABOUT those series, while Bill may upset you did not include FSEARA or the other Florida series, you did include a bunch of others that are just as deserving. Actaully FSEARA has been in your mag within the last year, one of our ideas was to create a Manufacturers Champ... , Shane did a small article about it. THANKS...

As far as contacting you guys to be in your mag, well that's kind of a double edged sword. We, as well as others, have been in touch, we have ideas to try and help all parties involved to try and promote the hobby, but for many reasons, on both sides, they just do not work out.

I am sure you dont want an email from us once a month ... trying to promote what we have going on.

I can however pitch this to you, I have Photographer/Writer, that can do an article ( Jarrod PIlone) that is willing to do a couple pages on what we have going on in Fla.... Send us your XTREME banner, we wil put it in Rotation on www.FSEARA.org. We apreaciate ANYTHING the media can do for us, and try to do what we can for the media...

Most of the series around the country are run by people that donate thier time and money, to have series that last for a quarter of a century says alot...
Actually I get emails from various series telling me when the next race is happening. I'm in the media, i get odd emails, pitches, questions all the time. Sending an email every month or race day IS the way to get into somebodies head. That is the reason I knew some of the odd ones in the article, because somebody talked to me about it or sent an email.

The worst thing sending an email can do is be read and thrown out. The best is that you make it into an article. That's how I got the idea for the article is that Alan Horne wanted me to do some article on his series, and I said I couldn't do it on one, but it sparked an idea to show people that there are lots of series out there. Not a list of every one, but more than just the few that are seen most often.