R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Eddie, Carl, and Mike....finally a polarizing issue
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 AM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Fact: all real racing orgnaizations limit speeds and technology when costs and "safety" gets out of control. From NASCAR to F1, they all make adjustments to keep the playing field level and the competition fair. It doesn't always work, but they all do it.

Fact: the speeds that can be achieved on an indoor carpet track exceed the space and size of the track. Stock class cars are faster than mod cars were 15 years ago. Average voltage of batteries is up almost .25v a cell than we had 20 years ago. At .2v per cell, you essentially have returned to 7-cell voltage.

Fact: no matter what restrictions are put on racers, they will continue to progress and advance skills and technology, to be faster than they were when they weren't restricted.

It's not JUST the cost, because you can watch guys dumping $1500-$2000 to race 1/8th gas off road monster truck things. It's not JUST the speeds, because most of us like fast cars in general and we'll always want to go faster.

I don't care what happens to the battery limits and rules, as long as everything is done globally. Meaning, make it the same for EVERYONE, and no one has any room to complain about anything. 4-cell, 5-cell, camera batteries... it doesn't matter what it is.

Hell, I'll race 3-cell DustBuster motors and batteries in my car if everyone else does.

It's interesting that none of the canditate have attempted to give any input on their thoughts on this issue.