R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:43 AM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Best Kit for Outdoor low traction Asphalt

John: why the change to dual battery set up? Just few posts back, we asked about what's the best battery set up for outdoor aspahlt tracks, and some like the saddle pack set up, and other like the center line set ups, like JRX-s/Pantoura/CCT kits. You stated that you love your cars balance and center/inline set up, and now you are running saddle pack type set ups, and report taht the car is even better than before- what happened? Why the change? Down here in South Florida, we have almost exact running conditions as you do in Houston, TX. Now I am worried about having sold my 10L3T, and CCT, so I could buy the PAntoura, which I ordered and should be arriving tomorrow. Should I then keep the 10L3T, and run saddle packs on it, and return/sell the Pantoura? All the 10l3T needs is really an update CRC/AE front end, and it should be ready to go. its got the 3 shock set up, and if its as you say, then it should work better than the Pantoura, unless I run the Pantoura with Orion 3200mah Lipos, one on each side, and "saddle" them, like your Apogee packs, but the orion packs are lighter and shorter, and will give me more room for electronics...what do you recommend?