R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ACADEMY New SB V2 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

badxlt: On my last SB V2 buggy and SB V1 Pro I ran Academy shocks. These in my opinion are probably the smoothest shocks I have used and extremely easy to set for non-threaded shocks. I ran the teflon piston kit, I believe it was #3 and #4s for piston sizes. Don't go anything smaller holed, as you might as well be running touring car with your buggy from what I experienced. From my past experiences and discussions with other owners pretty much any of the latest buggy shocks will fit with alittle work and limitting. Its just much easier to go with whats made for the vehicle and they are quality made too.

If you are in need of spring rates not available from Academy, AE springs work well, just use the lower shock cups and I think ball ends from regular B3 / B4 AE shocks or even RPM versions. These work fine as well.

For anyone new with the SB V1 or V2 series of vehicles, you should also checkout the rc10b4 forum. It has alot of information on the V1 in particular from the first time it was in the USA. Lots of info on tips, tricks, mods, etc.