R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mamba 10 scale BL
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Randy Pike
Team Tekin

Understood Dr. I'll admit I'm biased to some extent. I will also admit to being a racer. I won't run a product that I feel may cost me a win, cost me time with my laps, or run a product that I won't stand behind.

The test esc that I'm sure you saw was an early proto more then likely and if you were to check out Tekin's site you can see the R1 Pro next to a G11 Pro. Clearly smaller then the Mamba. Again guys, I'm not bashing Castle. This is how most of you are taking this. I actually ran one of Castle's set ups before most of you did(during testing of all the current systems, Novak,LRP, Castle,etc.) Amazing how some companies enjoy the competition! They will show you theirs if you show them yours so to speak. I was more then happy with it's performance. It was very fast and was really easy to drive. My only "complaint" was how the brakes came on too hard for my taste. All of which I'm sure I could have dialed them to my liking had we been able to play with the software and settings. We were not given that ability at the time.... All I was alowed was radio adjustments. My only gripe is a small one and that's it's size. That being said it's a great set up and since I'm a shop owner I'd have no problem selling it right next to the Tekin. I just don't think that the average to wannabee pro racer would turn down a smaller unit...