R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cool Can Fan Talk
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 03:40 PM
kit jones
Tech Rookie

Hope everyone had a good meeting...

There were problems with the abilities and I had a lot of people complaining about this, which in my condition at the time wasnt much fun lol. This is due to people lying on the entry form. The ability that you put in is the ability that originally got entered.

For round 1 myself, Dax and Alan spent a long time (maybe an hour or so?) trying to rearrange the heats into a well graded system. This was after I must have spent an equally long amount of time entering peoples details and the such like into the computer.

This time I was out celebrating my 20th birthday on the saturday night and so could not be there to book people in. Thankfully Alan did this for me. The heats though now have to realistically be made on the day due to the numbers of people who do not book in or the people who do not turn up. Therefore the drivers were sorted purely on the ability that they have supplied. I spotted a couple of mistakes such as Adam Rogers in the bottom heat and changed these but I do not know all of the people that raced. I tried to find someone else to check for mistakes for me but nobody was interested in doing so.

Hopefully I will be able to sort the abilities of all the people on the computer for next time on the Saturday night before hand as there is no way of doing so before then due to the time it will take, and I can now use the previous RR results for guidance. If anyone else (particularly those complaining at me on the day) wants to give up a few hours of their Saturday evening to do it for me then Im sure I can find something better to do like get my car ready instead of doing that at 4 in the morning.

Sorry for the long moany post, I had quite a good meeting but just had a lot of people complaining and in the morning I could have thought of a million things that I would rather have been doing than trying to organise a race meeting for 80+ people. I tried to commentate on the heats but Im racing too and have a car to prepare as much as anybody else, untill I can get Alex there anyway lol

Kit Jones (HRCC vice chairman)