R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GP4300 or IB4200WCE?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Marman
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What is the life expectancy of the latest version of IB cells? I know the numbers for new IB cells are better than GP's and if you are a worlds class driver or someone with a big wallett that can afford to replace packs every 3 months then the IB's are the way to go but how do the latest cells perform over a longer period?

I know all of the "Team Drivers" in my area used to recycle their cells every 2-3 months when IB3800's were the rage just wondering if the 4200's are similarly short lived? I personally use GP's because my budget doesn't stretch to new cells too often. I am currently using GP3700's that I bought second hand 4 months ago and for me they still perform well enough to finish regularly in the top 3. I have been thinking about a few new packs but want something I can use for more than 15-20 good runs.

And BTW I think you will find one of the main reasons most of the large matchers have switched over to IB's is because while they are undoubtedly a very good cell they are also much cheaper than the GP's so the margin to the matcher is greatly improved.