R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna Cd-3
Thread: Ofna Cd-3
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Bundy_Bear
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Delta9
Hey Bundy_Bear, I am still running my CD3. im awaiting some sway bars at the moment so i can start setting it up for club racing (just got my set up station i ordered the sway bars at the same time but they forgot to put them in the package lol )

I think the shaft drive suits my style of driving aswell and its much easier to maintain. What problems were you having with the one way?

whats is your opinion on the G4S compared to the CD3? i am thinking of getting one for next year, parts support here is OK but not as good as the serpents and mugens
Delta9:

The One Way bearing (2 Speed) in the G4S started to slip and the engine would just free rev. When i had a similar issue with the CD3 it just locked up and spun the pinion gears off the clutch bell. Both times i have been using the Serpent One Way Oil on them, am not going to bother now and just run them as they come out of the packet from now on...

Re G4S:
This is a hard one to answer so far, i have not had a lot of track time due to problems i have been having etc. I have done a front belt and mashed a front pulley and i found out the belts aren't excatly a cheap thing at nearly $20us each. After this i have started to miss the shaft drive... shame all the shaft drive cars are a few years old and hard to get parts for etc... Not like the current flavour of the month with the MTX4, S720 etc.

BB