R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Team CRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
I guess I should have phrased it differently.

I was specifically interested in the front suspension--I'm curious if it has the same screw spacing as the Associated Reactive Caster assembly they've been using AND if it is compatible will it be offered as a package rather than a part-by-part replacement.

Secondly, it LOOKS (certainly not sure about this) that the chief difference with the rear pod is the top plate. Curious as to whether this is true.

Pretty sure the "new" battery retention system would bolt right in.

The other items DO seem beyond reasonable updating...go buy the kit.

Scottrik
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the inquiry...

The new CRC front end will retro-fit any chassis that uses the Associated front end bolt pattern. However, the parts between the new CRC and Associated will not cross link. Meaning a lower CRC arm won't mount to an Assoc upper arm mount and vice-versa.

Regarding the conversion... the CRC Carpet Knife Version 3.0 came out in 1997. Today, 10 years later, the 3.2R components still fit the 3.0 and a 3.0 from 1997 can be converted to a 3.2R. With this release, we cleaned the slate and started a new chassis from the ground up. Many of the parts are different making a conversion kit impractical.

The rear pod is all new, the dual tweak plates are new, narrow chassis, new front end... just too many changes to make a conversion kit practical. Sorry.

Team CRC