R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:43 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'll give it a shot. Say your ride height is 5 mm with a 2.4 inch tire. You could use lowered arms and a shaved tire and still be at 5 mm ride height. You would have a lower roll center with the shaved tire. You would have less roll stiffness and more grip with the shaved tire than you would otherwise.

I have not made any yet. Right now my front tires are very short. If I used lowered arms it would raise the chassis up where I want it. You could just use a smaller spacer.

Most touring cars have a nice ball built into the suspension arms to mount the pianno wire sway bar to. You still need links and sway bar pivots. When you make it yourself it may not have the best appearance. Bling. Touring car sway bars are cheap compared to this one for the pan cars. I alway buy a set for the touring car and then never use them in the final setup as the springs are about the right stiffness already. I don't need to soften them to go over bumps. This pan car front end is really stiff.

I raced touring cars many years and attended big races. Never saw a homemade swaybar. It is so much easier to buy the factory part.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-31-2006 at 07:56 PM.