R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Official 4300 Brushless/LiPo/Foam Touring Thread
Old 10-31-2006, 09:47 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
I see where your coming from.A good KD 19t is faster on the straight but the infield the brushless is King!

So the Stock rotor is faster then the sintered rotor setup? I am getting together my gtb/4300/sintered rotor setup but was wondering if the actual stock rotor has better performnce.Then why go to the sintered rotor if that the case?Keep the suggestions coming!I appreciate it.
I think it remains to be seen which rotor is fastest in a 4300 sedan. I personally think they're very close, but some of the guys at the track insist the stock rotor is faster.

But, the stock rotor is a giant pile of crap. The magnet slides around on the shaft easily, it fades with heat, and it's noisy as hell with the brass shims in there. Plus, it runs hot and is easy to thermal, which is frustrating.

Grab yourself the ribbed endbell for Velociti motors (not the HV version) and a sintered rotor, put it in your 4300 and you're set. The ribbed endbell is lightened, about 1/2 oz. lighter than the "updated" endbell, which is the same one that comes on the Velociti motors without the ribbed can. It will give you the larger front bearing, which allows you to use the sintered rotor.