R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Dtech
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ittjv
Hey Guys,
I got a TB-02R and I'm not having problems stripping the one-way gear (put an Evo IV gear on), but I'm stripping the inside of the bevel gear. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks!
Hey ittjv,
I also own a 02R an evo III, evo IV, and Evo V.

The gear ratio on the 02R and evo III is the same.
As the name evolution suggests these cars are constantly changing. The gear ratio on the evo IV is 2.2940. The evo III is 2.6. So more than likley the gears are not meshed correctly. Not sure where Tamiya made the adjustment(bevel or one way gear-diff gear or both) but I think this would be a good place to start.

Are you using the alloy one way gear or the plastic? Not sure if its possible to use the IV's bevel in the III but this would give you the correct gear mesh if the changes were made in both the one way/diff gear and the bevel. Or just go back to the III's correct one way/diff gear.

Also SHIMS . Make sure all of your gears and shaft inputs are shimed properly. Too much play side to side or back and forth will cause problems.

Someone please correct me if I am misleading people, as I myself was also mislead in that case.

Good luck W/ your 02R. Really hope this helps