R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Z00M
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

With the one way bearings. The philosophy posted earlier about 1 'small' drop is absolutely correct.

I clean and relube my one way bearings but the key is to never over-oil them. What happens if there is too much oil is that the rollers can no longer make it to the locked position as they are held away by the oil.

Chances are that with the one way's that people on here have said have failed I would almost expect that if these were cleaned of all the oil then they would work perfectly.

One drop of oil is the total required for the entire one way bearing. If you put the one drop on the shaft and slide the one way onto the shaft and then spin it, this is the required amount of lube.

On the other hand I have also used the set and forget method as well. Take it out of the packet and put it on the car and never think about it again. But if you can't help yourself (like me now) then use only ONE DROP. Make sure you don't add one drop to a previously existing one drop either. There is such a thing as being over lubricated. I use metho (denatured alchohol) to clean mine and I don't have any problems.

Cheers,

Mike.