R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 08:08 AM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
becuase i few pages back, shane archer (owner of rctech) said publicly that he will be voting for eddie. do you stick the political sign of your favored canidate in your front lawn, and then stick the signs of their oponents right next to it???

no you dont.

im not going to comment too much as i live in australia but it's fine if the rctech owner says "i vote for him" but it seems a bit dodgy man it's sort of like Rupert Murdoch supporting Bush with Fox news. sure, murdoch owns fox, but it doesn't mean he can push specific people, (yes i am aware that he already does this with his media outlets). i guess rctech as a forum and as a place of news and hobby related issues the owner should stay as unbiased as possible. now this doesn't mean allowing every tom dick and harry a sticky thread, but sometimes impartiality is good as it stops influencing people.

when you vote for someone you don't want a bandwagon effect happening on a forum that should be, for all intensive purposes unbiased.

again, Eddie O might be a top bloke, but what happens when a ruling that leads to the demise of his business comes about IF it ever comes about? now i know Eddie mentioned earlier he is loaded, and does the hobby for fun, but this is not the point of what i am trying to prove. Voting for a company owner sets a precident, and even if it was done previously (as was mentioned above) you need to learn from your mistakes. it seems previous presidents who owned companies are now being shown up as doing some dodgy things rright?

well then that's my point. A president shouldn't be arrogant loud mouthed or politically incorrect as someone said above. a president needs to be a leader, a communicator, and a mediator of opinions, someone who can involve everyone, and someone who can include all opinions and boil them all down to the CORRECT decisions.

good luck Eddie and all others. i know how hard it is to run these sort of committiees. in NSW Australia our section heads do a hard job, and get little feedback and most of it is always negative and unhelpful from the racers. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION, AND IT ISN'T TAINTED WITH COMMERCIAL BIAS.

just because your nations president is knee deep in oil biz money doesn't mean you have to take him as an example start properly from the grass roots up!