R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM
rchoudini
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EddieO
Debbie....the bet. Doug and I got take lie detector tests.....after providing cell phone records to further the claim that I and him spoke BEFORE any of these posts were made that he could not run his proposed format and he need to run regular qualifiers and mains.....

$10000? I am sure Doug will take some of the action too......the call was made, nobody is lying. No doubt he may of called cause you bitched, but the simple fact was he did call and I did tell him he could NOT do that.....so he updated his thread.

Later EddieO
This is true, i called because of the post from silver on the R.O.A.R. regional race thread.
It started like this
The race will be a oneday event. Saturday Nov. 4th.
followed by this:
Silver

Is the entry fee still the same for a one day event? $40?
then this:
Silver

What Seano? Someone asked me and I asked Doug. Legitimate question.
$40 for a 2-3 day event is ok, but for a one day... he just wants to know.

Are you still going to run it with the people signed up?

then this:
rchoudini
7 "heats" all for points, highest point total at the end of the day wins. no trohpys, no free bees(ritchie reynolds)

solid race day for Regional bragging rights.(mike crosier)

this will be the format

then this after i called eddie:
rchoudini

7 "heats" all for points, highest point total at the end of the day wins. no trohpys, no free bees(ritchie reynolds)

Sorry ritchie can't do it.
but we will still get seven races in.

solid race day for Regional bragging rights.(mike crosier)
we can do this tho.

fee $30.00 for 1st class $10.00 second no late fee

because of this post by silver:
Silver

This is a ROAR race? You got a deviation for the race format?
Just curious.
What time does this start? So it is free?
Are you still going to run it with these number of entries?

I keep getting pm's and e mails about the race from people. Any answers please?

followed by logic:
rchoudini

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver

have them pm me please
or post here if the have a question

more of the same:
Silver

oooh. It's a secret? cool....
this again after talking with eddie:
rchoudini

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver

This is a ROAR race? You got a deviation for the race format?
Just curious.
What time does this start? So it is free?
Are you still going to run it with these number of entries?

4 qual's and triple a mains.
lane width deveation we got it.
race fee will increase to cover trophies.
other than that we are all set.

thanks Debbie for pointing this out

then eddie responds with logic:
EddieO

I just get so confused by some NW racers......why on earth, if they are ON here sending PMs.....or sending an email......why can't they send it to track who is actually hosting the race......why involve a 3rd party, who has nothing to do with the race at all.....seems kinda like a waste of time.

Later EddieO
and silver with more of the same:
Silver

Oh my.
I didn't see the rule that people couldn't ask me about other races at other tracks and I couldn't follow up for them. Gee, I guess being nice to racers and helping them out with events is not allowed.
Some only read the forums and never post. Yikes, how could that happen?

They had other questions about parts ordered and wondered if I knew the situation about the regionals.
I told them I'd check. They know me and know I will try to get answers for them. They don't know Doug. They wondered if anyone was going to the race.
They wanted to know if there was an entry form. I couldn't find one with the newest info.

I had a hard time getting answers. Maybe I wanted to know too. And if anyone from here wanted to go I could help them out.

But, I guess I will tell them I know nothing and not even sure there is going to BE a race. And I'll toss out the Wallop forms because I am not supposed to know anything or ask questions. slightly saracastic in case you didn't know....
love and kisses

So those of you that are getting the impression that there is a little something more than just questions coming from silver, are 100 percent correct. It is more a chance to make things hard on someone who is trying to make a change from business as usual.

I to was very confused by the post silver made about the R.O.A.R. race at 1st, but after reading her personal attacks on eddie i understand.

Please understand, that i have had my own dealing's with eddie in the past but, as he said he always tries to work things out and did. For those of you who have not meet him in person, you my be shocked at 1st, but once you get to know him and what he stands for and the fact that he truly believe's in what he's say's and does. Then you will see 1st impressions can be wrong.
I hope you all can read past the long post of attacks and look at the idea's that are there to make R.O.A.R. and R/C racing better for all of us who love this hobbie/sport so much.

Last edited by rchoudini; 10-29-2006 at 10:25 AM.