R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Eddie for ROAR PRESIDENT
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 08:57 AM
EddieO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love how you always to TALK for people.....why doesn't these other regional reps, ifmar guys or manufactuers just come out and say themselves.....personally, I doubt they said much of anything. I have support from many of the manufactuers.....they have posted on here. Ralph Burch posted for christ sakes.....I didn't even ask him to and he never posts on here....do the math folks.

You are sharing with ROAR......when you take those one day memberships or such, your race fee is always going to be a bit smaller than a regular 2 day race, as every track owner unconcisously tries to make it affordable....its also less money they have to spend at your track. It's basic economics debbie....I learned them in junior high....I guess I should of simplfied the statement.

The National Qualifier system will work fine with minimal work......regional directors will provide a list to the ROAR office, who then can forward it to the track hosting regionals for sign ups....the idea isn't in final form....it will take a group of people brainstorming to come up with the final way it works....

Waivers....resumes, whatever you want to call it......you are ASKING IFMAR to waive the fact you have not qualified for Worlds and let them in based on your resume.....I have heard it called both things, by many many long time racers. Way to nit pick....its the samething and you know it. The same process could be applied to our nationals, with minimal effort.

Nuts it may be......but it's called getting ROAR in at the grassroots level. It's simply NOT working under the current system (my fault as regional director right?). It's an idea that may not work.....but I think it will. And simply put, don't cover the people who are not members.....work with the insurance company to find a plan that works and reduces liability, while still applying ample coverage.

I can't force these tracks to sanction these races.....they simply dont want to. What does ROAR offer at this point? Nothing really......why wasn't your slugfest sanctioned? You being the savior, why did you not sanction? Please tell us all why.....please make sure you tell everyone its NEVER been sanctioned, long before I ever stepped foot in your store. Reason why.....you don't see the value and don't want to share with ROAR.

Well, again.....getting ROAR in officially at these events is just a bigger step in the grassroots system.....obiviously my idea isn't bad, as you had Mike Boylan on here saying he thinks it could work....I have talked to Scotty about it also....he thinks it could work to......have not talked to Mr. Bill, but I am sure it could work there also....

While the country loves to sue.....it still isn't the reason we should be preaching. It does little for perm tracks......we have insurance already. And I have never said I would sue to get what I want.....I said I would defend myself against malicous acts......please post where I said I would sue if I didn't get what I want. Stop putting words in my mouth.....

Nope....I am not. The current plan doesn't do anything for me....nor do I have any approved products. My statement is about companies that actually produce something that is approved, which I don't. I don't manufactuer motors, I don't import or make batteries.....Industry Affliates are not notified....nobody was notified about the brushless rules or not, they were simply just posted one random night a couple weeks before nationals. The 19t rules were done completely different than the companies thought, hence why NO company when they were passed was making a legal motor. Ask your son, he claims to have been part of making the rules and according to him, what got passed is not what they put into forth for approval....

Where have I alienated trinity in the forums? Please show me.....I have never said crap to you about trinity, other than offering to get you tires at cheaper prices.....I am one of the largest OEM accounts, why would I want to bite the hand that feeds my company.....I used all trinity handouts at nationals, even though I was offered better prices and such on other motors.....trinity had the only legal 19t, so thats what we used. Give me a break and stop with the slander.

I have talked to numerous car companies.....many think the PIECE OF PAPER in a kit would not be a problem. We are talking a piece of paper here folks.....these companies spend tons of money on magazine ads and such already. I think the return is worth the investment. Please notice I didn't say force or anything.....I said we need to get them to. Some may choose not to, that would be their choice and their loss. You are right about most being bashers just wanting to play, but ROAR needs to find a way to get these people informed....and what better way than RIGHT in the car kit they just opened.....hoping they find a track or a website is probably a much much lower chance. That new car kit is free access to their attention, so why not utitlize it....remember a LOT of kits are mail ordered now, so these customers may never even know tracks assist.

I have made contact with a lot of the tracks in the Northwest who are not ROAR tracks.....its been a tough road with a lot of them. They don't see the point......many just don't want to go to that level of racing. Again, if you think you can do such a great job at this, please, why did you NOT run yourself?

As for product rules.....I think they need to be opened up a bit so companies can make better products......and I am not the only one who thinks this. It's not a slight at any company or not....its about producing better stuff for the racers. ROAR working with the companies to establish the rules would be a good start, but this simply has NOT happened over the last few years.....and when it did, the rules rarely reflected what the companies said....

I am well aware the motors had a price increase of $5 for stocks.....how long has it been $40 debbie? Is $5 the same $5 it was when it last increased....

Now, I can have two motors companies come on here and tell you they didn't agree to the change.....what I am saying is the increase should be based on real inflation numbers.....increase prices in products, materials, shipping, etc....its all gone up.

Also, you realize the price limit doesn't apply to OEMs.....ROAR has long admitted this. Hence why you see MANY OEM motors over the maximum price, I can show if needed.....however, good luck finding ANY ROAR approved motor from me over the max......never has, nor never will happen. So much for your self serving idea.

I want to see the doors opened up for techonology to advance. Let's use brushless motors as an example.....they can't use sintered magnets....they can't be delta wound, they can't be 5 or more poles......all pointless restrictive rules. You realize they could make a motor that lasts and doesn't blow up right? I don't sell or produce a brushless.....it would make brushless systems out there legal, that are currently not.....like the tekin or the TRINITY units......yep, self serving.

The battery rules simple don't work.....they put many tracks and races in big binds.....this has been a hot topic of conversation in the electric committees.....they need to be changed, but who knows if they will be.

While the brushless thing was bad.....what about the 19t rules? You know the ones that left us running 2004 Nationals with no approved motors, so an unapproved motor was used.....a motor which to this day still is not legal. What about the body issue from IFMAR a couple years back....ask Josh Cyrul or Dale Epp about it.....they sure felt done right on that whole thing. And look no further than a couple weeks back when the intial battery lists were posted.....multiple batteries were missing....I had to call trinity and tell them they were getting screwed......magically they get fixed. Simple mistake? Maybe....I dunno, but this is the type of stuff that gives ROAR a black eye.....and it needs to stop.

What bylaws were broken....umm.....I think this forum has word limit....first, please provide me with minutes from the meeting where the president/vp requirment was changed.....why did it take 10 months to post it? Find ONE person from the onroad committee that will say they reviewed the bids for ANY of the 2005 electric onroad nationals and helped in the selection process (required by the rules, feel free to LOOK it up). I can keep going and going.....the rules have simply not been followed in many many cases......you honestly don't believe the reason Rick Wison resigned is what was posted do you? You obiviously have NO clue.

And while its not a bad arguement on the experience thing.......it wasn't required for 20+ years.....and stuff worked, that is....until this group got in charge.

As for me being capable, I run a multi million dollar non-profit.....I think I am more than capable of running ROAR. I work with ALL the other local tracks just fine debbie....you are the only other owner who has a problem with me....

Good Ole Boy club is hardly sexist......obiviously you do not know what it means.....its simply a clique....has nothing to do with your race, reglion, or gender for that matter.......

There is a thread on RCtech about the rule change.....there are NO minutes to the meeting....there are multiple stories on when it supposedly happened....and it was not posted for TEN MONTHS....TEN....thats 300+ days....yes folks, thats backdoor with an agenda.....what better way to disqualify people than not let them know about the rule that gets them qualified......I am not the only one who thinks this, including multiple otherm regional directors.

And you clearly don't know your FACTS once again.....I was not eligble.....I was asked to join the onroad comittee in early 2005.....elections were in Oct/Nov of 2005.....maybe a year to you debbie, but certainly not to anyone else.....but I guess I am lying about that too.....just another example of you not even knowing what you are talking about.

I love how my personal life is brought into this.....so because I have four kids, i am disqualified? It's pretty common that I don't play much softball anymore (was in the same posts about me and my wife)....and now me collecting cards will interfere? Awesome.....everyone, please stop doing anything else but RC....it may interefere....

My oh my.......seems things never change....

Later EddieO