R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
royfan33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jacklee
hi,I drive a G4 E-Class and i recently face some problem on my gearing system.It seems 'ok' if i drive slow or if the car is moving with its first gear.But,just the car is changing into second gear,the engine will suddenly revving high and the car couln't move any further.The gearing unit is turing fast with the clutch bell and,it stop with a sound like a clip is dropping out from its original position(due to high speed) and came back again.I really don't know what going on with it .It works fine when you lift up the car and blow it untill it change gear.But if you put it on the road,it happend again.The clutch is still in good condition and i've change the one way hub and bearing to K-Factory parts earlier when i discover this problem.And,for your information,i bought this car from my friend with no modification.He race about 4 to 5 gallon of gas with his Novarossi 5 port turbo engine,and my turn about 2 gallon with my O.S .12TR 5 port turbo(before this happen! ). Sorry for poor explaination,hope you people out there can help me to solve this problem.Thank you.
Mine was doing the opposite recently, slipping in 1st gear. The one-way slipping. I don't know what to think of second gear slipping. Once the two-speed shoes grab the sees like it should go...curious to find out from the more experienced on here.

On another note i received my ED tranny from Raceday today. I can't wait to get it installed. We should be racing this weekend so I hope to give it a go. The kit is nicer than I expected. First, in the picture it is displayed with out the pinion for first gear so I ordered a 16t. It actually has one included so now I have a spare. The quality is top notch with all the pulleys lightened and hard coated black. Looks great.

Forgot to mention the clutchbell has the hole next to 2nd gear pinion for spring tension adjustment. No more hassle of having to remove the 1st spur and clutchbell for adjustments. I was lazy, and as long as it was close I would just leave it. Now I should be able to fine tune the clutch easier.No excuse.

Last edited by royfan33; 10-25-2006 at 04:05 PM. Reason: additional text