R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who is the best r/c driver in Malaysia?please list out for discuss!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:03 AM
spawn
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1 difference I noticed after racing down under is that the racers are more competitive. We have club racers all over the place and when we talk about club races its not bashing your car with your friends like we do in KL. We actually race with each other with AMB transponder system. You can find these races every other week somewhere within an hour or 2 by car. I find this so much better for me then the usual bashing and not knowing whether you have improved because of your new setup, equipment or skills. No its not free but its not expensive either, usually cost about $10 per person - no nasi lemak or stuff, BYO.

I have to say that this has helped me improved my skills as I try a different setup every round to test how the car perform. Also the club races I attend are not run by hobby shops but by clubs or volunteers. In KL I tend to bash a lot and have no idea about racing or what to do when racing till Tomato and Atria kaki helped me. I am not sure club races will help in KL but it helped me. I even bought myself a PT which I would not in KL. No need to fix the big AMB transponder anymore and no need to rush for the transponder before the race. Saying that I am still not there with the top drivers downunder yet. Still a long way to go for me in EP, only 4 months into this battery car thingy.

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
Yeap.....I agree all listed are good......but to have one of the best to do well in the international circuit, I am afraid there's none.

You said it correctly........we treat it as a hobby just like I said. We are amateurs. Those mat sallehs are pro and they are very good. Not shallow mentality lah !

Going overseas are not that difficult nowadays ! Many just went including myself to see why they are so fast ? There's no explaination for it. There are plain smooth and fast. The fastest lap is like some 3-5 seconds a lap compared to us. So like our local A main compared with D or E main....sorry no offence to lower drivers. But we are like E main compared to them or worse. We don't make a impact and just not yet.

Same car and equipment like I mention before. Fuel same and everything same. Extraordinary ! Standard equipment......

Just to discuss who is the best in local already headache. That's the statement.

To summarise, like mention all are good. To counter assault the world, we have zero drivers, For local races, there's plenty who can win in a single race.

Overseas cannot make it loh. That's the fact. Our system need to change in order for those maybe can do better. WE need new drivers who can adapt a different system to determine the consistency of the drivers.