R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 AM
protc3
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Yea, I guess I am crazy that way. Don't get me wrong, regreasing the diff from time to time is probably better then doing nothing. I am just trying to see how long a diff will last with out doing anything to it. I have raced 12th scale for 20 something years now and I really should know better.

But it just boggles my mind that it just will not wear out. I walk up to guys and tell the to check this diff out. They always say that it feels pretty good. Then I tell them it's the same balls and plates I have used for 6 months at a time for the past 3 winters in a mod car. It's always the same response: No way!

Well, I didn't invent sliced bread here, just a diff that lasts a long time.

Now if I could just come up with a way to "bottle talent", I'd be on to something.

Brian; Slapmaster Tools
oh,ok.i didnt realize that you were doing it as a test.i agree,a thrust is nothing new but it is for a car that doesnt have one. its cool that you do them and all new products are welcome in my book.its great for the hobby.i was just as little confused for a minute.the thrust assembly you have is a nice setup.i will be more than happy to buy one to give it a whirl.i am just very anal with my stuff and rebuild my diff after every race day regaurdless of feel.i wont be much of a durability tester for you
looks very nice and i will get with you sometime this week for one.