R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8ight building and setup
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Aaron Waldron
Tech Elite

Don - Not a problem, glad you got taken care of. Who did you talk to?

jlo - I included a couple possible setup alternatives in my PM to you. I don't think caster is the adjustment you're looking for.

Ghost - It's always possible that something went wrong in the manufacturing of the part that broke, but I have yet to hear any of those kinds of stories so far with the 8IGHT stuff. I hear the "I barely crashed!" line all the time..but parts crack in big wrecks, and then break at very weird times. Also, if a screw came loose (or wasn't tight enough to begin with) it will put added stress on certain parts.

Like what was said, your shocks may have too much rebound, or you may need to limit your droop, which will stop the tires from falling into the holes and keep the car flat. Try messing around with both of these variables and see what works best for you. I am running 40 wt. with 54's in the front and the stock pistons with 37.5 in the rear right now, with stock springs.

It may also be how you're driving. Try to hit rough sections of the track with speed and maintain a constant speed through the bumps. This will allow your suspension to travel freely.