R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 12:38 AM
acyrier
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

<begin rant>
I think it's amazing how many people can totaly judge this car by the few non detailed, non close-up pics and even while the car is in it's development stage. Crazy.
I personally can't wait to see it LIVE. I currently have an FK05. I have NO desire to upgrade to a T2, or 007. I'm happy with the FK05 (w/bmi 3.0MM chassis and the works). But I think I'm going to at least wait till the car is released and see how it does before I develope my opinion. Facts, that's what I like to deal with. Not non-detailed, far away pictures, of cars that are in developement.

In touch with the club racer? What exactly does that mean? I'm not knocking what you said, but I guess I don't understand the statement. AE's got a pretty good line-up of cars. 12l4 wins, T4, B4, GT is an OLD design, but was still winning races when the GT2 came out. I do think they slipped a bit with the TC4. It was basically (IMO) a "patch" for what a lot of people were already doing to their TC3's. (moved batts in closer, ntc3 steering rack etc, getting aftermarket CF kits (such as BMI or Warpspeed). At the time the tc4 came out it (tc3) was like a 6yr old design. That car (tc3) was like 300ish for a FT and it lasted 6 frigg'n years and won a LOT of races. Way to go! That's getting your money's worth! What consumer could POSSIBLY complain about that. If the new car lasts HALF that long and costs 400, wins some races, Again..getting good bang for the buck. That would be saying a lot too, isn't there like twice the amount of comptition for TC's now? (I'm talking about car manufacturers) And, ultimately, isn't that what most consumers want. Bang for the buck? Quality that lasts? Who likes buying a new car (real CAR) for say $25g's and feeling like it's antiquated when the new models come out? I kinda felt that way when the T2 came out. However the few guys that are running them at our track, are not exacly blowing away the compitition with it. As a matter of fact, as I've gotten to be a better driver, I'm turning the same laptimes as the T2 people and I didn't have to spend another 385 to do it.

I think it's great that they are working on a new car from the ground up, and that's why (my speculation) it's taking so long. Xray can release a new car every 9 months cause they are building an a good foundation. I hope Associated DOES NOT take that route. Make a GOOD car, make it last. IF they (AE) finds upgrades that's cool.

Good luck w/your development..take the time, get it done right and I'm sure you your efforts will pay off.
</end rant>