R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Palmaris engine thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 07:48 PM
tommi
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme
hmm. how come there are different versions all around? but i heard that the only problem with palmaris is loosing high end
Different versions as in? Palmaris makes the BRB first, then improved to the current 3rd generation. Along the way, they developed the bi-metal set as well, so you have the option to go BRB or bi-metal. Axial 0.12 engine is using the bi-metal (again I hope i get my facts right).

Used to be my problem to loosing high end power when I first switched to using the BRB 3-port from the usual outlaw 5-porters, keeping the same gearing and using the outlaw pipe. And then along the way tweaking with the engine tuning and settings of clutch and gearing, the Palmaris then gives me the power I need. In order to churn out the right power from different engines, choice of pipe, gearing and clutch is vital. Found out that going to 5.2mm/LEGAL pipe will give you more build-up pressure, and hence gives the high-end. The 2630 is a great pipe, but I'm currently using Max 2615 pipe with great success.