R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EddieO for ROAR President
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:02 AM
DJG24
Tech Fanatic

The rule book may be copyrighted, but it does not mean you cannot adapt a rule and use it. That's like saying, a movie is copyrighted doesn't mean you can't watch it or say lines from it to your friends. Means you can't resell it for profit!! YOU feel free to see a lawyer on that!! My wife is one!

Some good racers were left out because they didn't get the entry in time. Poor babies, get off your a$$ and get it in. Just because your fast doesn't mean you are more important than someone who pays cash on time or in a more timely manner.

Trying to make regionals more important by making it a qualifing event for the nats is pointless. Most people who run regionals ARE NOT GOING TO THE NATS!!! I understand Nats qualifies you for the worlds but only 200 people in the world can attend the worlds (which is a very small amount) Image how large this hobby could get if more than 200 people could run at it's most pretigious event. This is a hobby not a spectator event like nascar or F1. Maybe it would gain more interest.

Why should the reedy race not be for the average guys also?? Why should the same people who are fast run it every year? Isn't that what the invitational class if for?? Only so many people can get it so keep trying and you'll get the privelage of running at it. I'm sure the people polled would be the fastest drivers who didn't get it. Ask the average or slower driver who did get in and had a ton of fun.... I'm sure your pole results would be different.

Listen, I'm trying to help here. Do not take offense to what I say, but do what a reasonable person (who wants to represent people) does and listen to everybody.

I am a racer and have been for 17 years. Just because I make my money in a business other than this one does not mean I don't understand it. I have been to some of the above mentioned events as well as some of the biggest OFFROAD events, like silverstate, and the CRCRC race. We as racers sometimes think only of the racers or the fastest racers, when in fact every racer is important and deserves to be at an event. I'll never understand trying to include people because they are fast before the everyday racer. Every track has 1 or 2 fast guys and 20 or 30 average guys.

ROAR needs to give something back to it's members and the shops that support it. Not just the privalege of paying to run in the event, a rule book, and a cheezy publication once in a while. I've seen ROAR sign up a bunch of races at a local track, just to make cash and really did nothing to support the races or people, other than put the name roar on the flyer.

Please take this as constructive, and not be upset by my words. I too am not a fan at all of your opponent.