R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 AM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

SKJ-Thanks for the links. I note that the first link is in agreement with me that suspension is the key to prevent blowovers. You can't leave a bump nose up. The suspension pictured later is much like Martys F1. It might be closer to the chassis, but it's hard to tell. I'll study it some more. Its also hard to tell where the servo is. That DNA suspension is one we discussed previously. It should work great, but is way too tall for GTP style bodies.

Glad you guys enjoy the thread. I enjoy making them. Just a hobby.

Progressive suspension is just a thought to prevent bottoming. A more linear suspension with good travel should work also. If there is that aluminum bellcrank in the system, it would be easy to change the characteristics with a small part that did not require an expensive mold.

I enlarged and resampled the pic. It looks like the shocks are in the space under the servo. The servo probably was raised up making the Peugeot Body not fit.

Marty-The stock 1/12 pan spring does not have enough travel. Pro Ten Holland tells me the 1/10 pan spring is longer.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 10-19-2006 at 09:00 AM.