R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Marty Peterson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Marty- Probably best to move the suspension discussion off the pan car thread to here. I did make one more post over there since you posted a third diagram. So here is a sketch. Advantages are no protrusion above the upper arm. Rising rate (the suspension does not "break over center" or become weaker at full bump). coil over shocks or springs can be very low. Now the question is, is there enough room to do something like this. The suspension can be maybe only 1/16 inch higher than the Associated based on my experience with the Peugeot body slammed way down. Also there would be considerable force on the pushrod at the lower angle and lesser mechanical advantage at the bellcrank. Less spring tension would be required as a result.

I would also try and design the car to work with a short servo which are now available and maybe we can lay it down flat and feed off the front of the servo saver instead of the back. This would give the suspension more room and possibly allow some parts interchange left to right. My servo does not stay put mounted like it is. Mounts are too soft and slippery. I am always resetting steering trim. A one piece aluminum sevo mount for both sides in one piece would help my up angled servo.

Can you add some points to this sketch please I think I am missing something here.

I do know in our F1 suspension the bellcrank can be moved lower and would not be a problem for the body. I am sure if you give me some end points on your sketch I will know ok.

Thanks