View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #327
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Here is the thing. Those full size cars have a real suspension in the front. Probaly have 3 - 4.5 inches of front travel.

"I have exactly 2.5 mm of front travel. That's .1 inch. In real scale that would be 1 inch. That is just not enough. At speed the bump will lift the dam, all bets are off if there is not enough weight to pull it back down in the next few milliseconds"...

you're right...I've also expereinced similar results. With 12 scale cars, I have run both CRC carpet knife and T-fource. Carpet knife uses 4 cell sidexside sideways, and T-Fource uses the 4 cell sidexside saddle pack, unlike the Associated L4 4 cell saddle pack. The T-Fource had better traction and stability than the Carpet Knife every time. The problem is that unlike the Assocaited car, you cannot move batteries up or down. Now, Bruce, from SpeedMerchant explains that the pblm with T-plate cars is that when it encounters a bump, its the t-plate which receives the first impact and absorbs the "hit", and then the shock and side springs react, making it less stable, smooth in bumpy surfaces like asphalt, which is why he has designed his SpeedMerchant Rev 4 cars witht he pod-link style system, which allows shocks and dampening to absorb bumps first and thus make it truly work and makes cars much more stable easier to handle. Also, he belives that side springs and dampeners need to be as far out as possible, unlike some car designs out there which have them more towards the center.

"Also tell me on the Corrally C10 X. Is the camber and caster Adjustable. Can you get front springs?
For Corally C10X and CCT, yes, the camber and caster are adjustable, as per corally website specs and kit info. You have to look at one and see what I'm talking about. Much more suspension travel on the C10X and CCT than Associated type suspension, and its lower profile. I love it, and its much smoother on the track. When you take the Corally CCT suspension and put in on Pantoura or Assoc L3T, you will notice a great difference in handling over bumpy rough track situations; its smoother and seems to just glide over like a TC! Concerning springs, have not looked into if they have more springs options, but I'm sure they do. Also, take a look at the rear suspension on Corally CCT and C10X...no rear shocks! its different and saves weight. Cars are truly top quality. I'm impressed and very happy. Someone should pick up on their design and see how they can be improved on or just buy and run them. Stormer has them in now in stock...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote