R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:02 AM
RichChang
Tech Addict

Whether I am correct in my thinking or not, but in my view there are two "components" to what the rear pod does in regards to 'droop.'

Droop for me is how far down the rear of the pod can travel down. How adjustable this is depends on whether the car has a T-bar or not. The link cars that do not have T-bars have a lot more range of how much the rear pod can sag (depending on center shock length). In general I adjust it to be either 1 - 2 mm. How do I measure that? I set my droop setting blocks from my touring car under the main chassis and then use the droop gauge to measure how far down the rear edge of the pod sits.

Sag for me is how far down the front of the pod and the back of the main chassis sit below normal ride height. In general I keep it level but sometimes I let it sag about .5 - 1.0mm below ride height.

Those two components (droop and sag) work together in affecting the car's handling - especially off and on power.

What I mean is, if the sag is set at 0mm and the droop is set at 1mm, that is effectively 1mm of droop travel. However, if the sag is set at 1mm and the droop is also set at 1mm, then there is effectively 2mm of droop travel.

-Rich

Originally Posted by teo
When you say more droop you mean more downtravel on the motorpod, correct?
What would be a good starting point for pod droop?